How to Revive a Cell Phone Battery (2)
In a previous blog, I introduced a method of How to Revive a Cell Phone Battery. Now I will introduce you another method.
Method 2--Freezing the Battery
1. Remove the battery from your phone.
2. Place it inside a sealed plastic bag in addition to a sealed plastic container. This will prevent it from getting wet.
Do not use paper bags or foils as water can easily penetrate these materials.
3. Place the sealed battery inside the freezer, and leave it overnight or at least 12 hours.
By exposing the battery to low temperatures such as the inside of a freezer, it allows the battery cells to recharge a little, enough to hold sufficient charge to be connected to a phone charger.
4. Remove the battery from the freezer. Allow it to warm up to room temperature.
Do NOT use the battery while it’s still cold.
5. Wipe any moisture off of the battery.
6. Insert it back into your phone but leave the device off. Plug the phone into the proper charger and allow the device to charge for 48-hours.
7. After the device has charged for 48-hours, turn the device on and check the batteries power level. You may find that your once dead battery is revived, and is now able to hold a charge again.
Do not leave your phone battery connected to a 9-volt battery. Doing so may cause it to explode.
Your battery may explode as well if you leave it inside the freezer for too long. Remember that extreme hot and cold temperatures are bad for batteries.
When you leave your battery inside the freezer, make sure the plastic bag is sealed and placed far from any food to avoid contamination in the event that your battery leaks. Also, properly label the bag so other people won’t mistake it for food. Use of an empty plastic container to hold the plastic wrapped battery will add another measure of safety.
If you’re having issues with your battery, you should try using a different charger first to isolate the problem. Most battery issues can be traced to using the wrong charger and/or charging cable.
Do not attempt to recharge your phone battery using a 9-volt battery, because this may cause your cell phone battery to burn out or even explode. This method can only be used to revive a battery.